Office of Research Administration (ORA)
Making your research our priority...
Jefferson's Office of Research Administration (ORA) assists researchers in applying for, and managing sponsored funding through our mission, which is:
- To serve as the official point of contact for the various sponsors of scientific and scholarly activity.
- To facilitate the relationship between Jefferson investigators and these sponsors.
- To ensure sponsored projects are managed in accordance with sponsor regulations and Jefferson policies.
- To provide education and resources to support the management of sponsored programs.
Restructuring Research Administration
For over a year, The Office of Research Administration has been working to reduce the administrative burden on researchers. Learn what's happened so far.
You are invited to view the new Pulse Organization, “Restructuring Research Administration,” where information related to the ongoing restructuring of research administration and finance functions is posted.
To access the site:
- Log in to Pulse using your campus key and password
- Click the Organizations tab at the top
- Under Organization Catalog, clickBrowse Organization Catalog
- Type “Restructuring” into the search bar, and click Go
- Click Enroll, then click Submit, then
Once you are in the organization, click the Information link on the left to view documents related to the restructure.
Salary Distribution Information
Salary Distribution Requests and Approvals in Manager Self Service are now live! You will no longer complete a PAF to request salary distribution changes. All requests will be processed electronically in the new system. This functionality applies only to salary distribution changes; all other PAF information will remain on the paper format for now. As Jefferson continues to improve efficiencies by streamlining processes, this is the next step to eliminating the PAF. Please contact ORA at (215) 503-6976 if you need further information.